Situated off The Boulevard in Port Melbournes' Garden City, Sandridge beach is one of Melbournes best kept secrets. Tucked away is a lovely secluded beach, perfect for sunbathing, and calm ocean waters, popular with swimmers and paddlers alike.
"To be a dynamic voluntary organisation, dedicated to the development of lifesaving initiatives, providing a safe and enjoyable environment that enriches the lives of our members and the community".
Goals and Principles
Sandridge Life Saving Club has the following goals:
- To prevent injury, recognise dangers and save lives
- To maintain and promote a healthy and safe environment
- To achieve optimum participation by members in lifesaving initiatives and club activities
- To create pathways to increase participation in lifesaving activities by the local community.
- To attract and train quality members
- To establish the best practice training methods to assist members' ongoing development
- To define standards and quality throughout the club as appropriate. These will be adhered to by all members whatever their positions or differences are, whether paid or volunteer, part or full time
- To achieve the best organisational, personal, and interpersonal practices
- To develop a sustainable Life Saving Club
- To support organisations and initiatives in areas that further our objectives
- To seek out the best skills, technology, and tools available
- To maintain and develop our facilities to the highest standard
Sandridge Life Saving Club has the following principles:
- Members are our most important resource
- The Club will respect all ages, cultures, and other divisions of society equally to participate
- The safety and well being of all persons will be a primary consideration in all our activities
- We will strive for continuous improvement of all aspects of the Club
- We will build the Club's strength and depth beyond the presence of any one individual or program
- The Club fosters innovation and creativity, to the extent that it furthers our objectives
- Our Club is based on mutual respect, trust and integrity
- We intend to make optimum use of funds, materials, energy, and time
- We intend to achieve the optimum degree of openness and transparency in all operations of the Club
- Open and full communication is considered essential. The Club intends to continuously improve communication and will make every effort to overcome breakdowns in communications and cohesiveness
- We are committed to making a positive impact on the environment
Download: Sandridge LSC: Membership Strategic Plan (pdf).